If you are looking for some additional resources, please feel free to take a gander at some of my favorite and trusted sources of information.
I do not receive any compensation from these companies or authors. I just simply wish to share! Please let me know if you find others that you think should be added to my growing list.
[sections] [section title=”Autism – General Information”]
- NIH Autism Spectrum Disorder Fact Sheet
- CDC Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Society
- Autism Speaks
- DSM-5 Autism Spectrum Disorder
- American Speech Language Hearing Association – Apraxia – What is Apraxia? signs?
- Apraxia Kids – Great all-around resource for information and direction
- Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech
- Apraxia Speaks
- Kaufman Children’s Center – I use the Kaufman cards regularly!
- What Causes Apraxia? – causes of Apraxia
- Who Diagnoses CAS?
[section title=”Articles of Interest”]
- Apraxia & Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Why is W-sitting a Four Letter Word
- Understanding and Managing Pediatric Reflux
- Low Muscle Tone and Growth Spurts
- Reading readiness has to do with the body
- Early Signs – Early Signs of Autism
- Assisting my child with autism to play – great article by Mari Nosal
- Interpreting Autism – Barry Prizant
- Autism and apraxia: the importance of screening for both
- Understanding Intervention for (C)APD: As Easy as A-B-C
[section title=”Articulation Activities”]
- Baby Chatter – vowels, consonants, and multisyllabic words
- Mommy Speech Therapy – variety of games for sounds in all positions
- Speaking of Speech – sounds in all positions of words
- Speaking Autism – Education, Resources, and Advocacy (Linda Mastroianni)
- KidsCompanions – Special Needs Blog
- Joanne Giacomini – Blogger/Speaker of Autism at “Exceptional Mom/Exceptional Child”
- Babies First Fitness – Parent Education on how to exercise babies and toddlers.
[section title=”Books – Kids – Ways to incorporate expected behavior”]
- Joshua’s Dragon – Stacey Glorisoso, Occupational Therapist and Speaker
- When My Worries Get Too Big – I love this book.
- Knufflebunny – One of my favorites…
- Howard B. Wigglebottom – I need to get more books in this series!
- Whole Body Listening Larry At Home
- Whole Body Listening Larry at School
- I Just Don’t Like The Sound of No
- I Just Want To Do It My Way
- You Are A Social Detective
- How Full Is Your Bucket?
- The Napping House
[section title=”Books – Kids – Apraxia and Delayed Talkers”]
- 50 Repetitive Books for Children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- The Big Book of Exclamations 1 and 2 – I love these books! Great for parents too!
- Baby’s First Words – Must have for picture identification! Several in the series!
- Where’s Spot? Great for location phrases and yes / no questions
- Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See – One of my favs
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – Classic
- No No Yes Yes – Leslie Patricelli
- All Better – Love this simple yet interactive book with repetitive phrases!
[section title=”Books – Parent Resources”]
- Mari Nosal – Author, Workshop Presenter / Autism Special Needs Life Quality Coach
- Ages and Stages: Nobody Ever Told Me That – Speech / Communication Development
- Chasing the Rabbit – Derek Volk
- Stars in Her Eyes – Dr. Linda Barboa – Speech Pathologist
- Speaking of Apraxia: A Parent’s Guide to Childhood Apraxia
- Uniquely Human – Barry Prizant
[section title=”Books – Therapist Resources”]
- M.O.R.E. – Integrating the Mouth with Sensory and Postural Functions
- We Can Make It Better – great line drawing book for Social Thinking
- Zones of Regulation – good resource
[section title=”Developmental Milestones / Questions”]
- Ages and Stages Q and A – questions and answers regarding development
- Speechville – questions for parents just starting out
- Communication Milestones – speech and language milestones
- How does your child hear and talk – communication developmental chart
[section title=”Educational Toys – Some of my favorite places to shop”]
[section title=”Oral Motor / Feeding / Sensory”]
- Ages and Stages – feeding, motor speech, and mouth function
- Ark Therapeutic Services – oral motor tools
- Talk Tools – oral motor tools
- KidCompanions Chewelry and SentioCHEWS – for kids that fidget/chew. Bpa, phthalate, lead and latex free
- Star Vibrating Teether
- Kidsme Food Feeder
- Munchkin Fresh Food Feeders
- PDP Oral SensoriMotor Development – variety of inexpensive whistles
- Reflo Cup – Love this cup for learning to drink from an open cup
- Thinkbaby NoSpill Sippy Cup – love this product!
[section title=”Therapy and Strategy Resources”]
- Little Friends, Inc
- Social Thinking
- Pyramid Educational Consultants (PECS)
- The Center for AAC and Autism
- Patricia Oetter – Occupational Therapist and co-Author of M.O.R.E.
- Debra Beckman – Speech Pathologist-Oral Motor
- Autism Speaks – The Importance of Screenings
- SpeechTX – Language, Literacy, Communication, Articulation, Blog
- Zero to Three – Great resource for kids under 3